I encountered a thread on LinkedIn today that referenced this infographic comparing WordPress, Drupal and Joomla! and found several pieces of data in the graphic to be intriguing and a couple downright surprising.
- Joomla! has overtaken Drupal in a number of statistical categories indicating popularity.
- Drupal is at least twice as expensive to set up and customize as either of its rivals.
- Average monthly maintenance costs for Drupal are 3-6 times that of the other tools.
- Both WordPress and Drupal are updated more often than Drupal but not at dissimilar rates between them.
- Joomla! has gone through six major revisions in its eight years compared to seven for Drupal in 12 years and only three for WordPress in 10 years.
- Drupal and Joomla draw nearly the same number of visitors to their main sites each month, just under 30,000. WordPress? 50 million!
- Joomla! is in use on almost twice as many sites in the top million sites as Drupal, but both are under 3% compared to WordPress’ 14.3%.